By Sarah Boroski
9 reasons why you should eat grapes:
- Help cure asthma and migraine
- Effective remedy against breast cancer
- Prevent heart attacks and lower cholesterol levels
- Strengthen bones and prevent onset of osteoporosis
- Provide relief from constipation and indigestion
- Boost immune system and prevent fatigue
- Reduce risk of kidney diseases
- Prevent loss of vision and macular degeneration
- Improve brain function and prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- There are 15 variations in total, some are for wine and others are for wine making.
- The most common is: Crimson Seedless. This is essentially the classic grape we think of today. They are grown in California and their season is August to November.
- These are some very little, but mighty fruits that are taken for granted. Grapes and be therapeutic to Asthma, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, cataracts, heart disease, and cancers, As well as, help with bone growth, indigestion, migraines, fatigue, and kidney disorders
- Grapes can help treatment so may diseases and disorder is because they are jammed pack with nutrients such as, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and folate, They also have essential minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium. Another fun fact about grapes is they are high in antioxidants. Causing a reduction of damaging free radicals in turn slowing down aging.
Recipe #1: Frozen Grapes
Remove grapes from stems and place in a colander. Wash thoroughly. Arrange grapes on a paper towel to air-dry any remaining water, about 15 minutes Place grapes in a single layer on a shallow pan or baking sheet Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Recipe #2: Chicken Grape Salad
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans
In a large bowl, combine chicken, Dijon mustard, sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, celery, poppy seeds and grapes. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, fold in pecans. Enjoy with whole-grain crackers, if desired.
Health Benefits of Grapes. Organic Facts Website https://www.organicfacts.net/ health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-grapes.html. 2017. Accessed. 2/27/2017